Gainesville Chicken Festival
October 22 @ 11:00 am
Join us at Lake Lanier Olympic Park on Lake Lanier for the same chicken-packed afternoon including Georgia’s Official Chicken Cook-Off. Backyard and professional BBQ teams compete at this Gainesville themed festival. The event begins at 11 a.m. and serving continues until 3 p.m. and ends when the cook-off winner is announced at 4 p.m.
- Georgia’s Official Chicken Cook-off, 17 teams and over 17,000 lbs. of chicken
- People’s Choice Awards; vote for your favorite Pitmaster
- Live Music 12 – 3 p.m.
- Kids’ Zone with bounce house, clown and face painting, games and coloring
- Frozen Frenzee, Tap It and Downtown Drafts drink vendors
A $6 wrist band gets you 10 samples. You vote for your favorite Pitmaster for the People’s Choice awards. Proceeds from this event go to the North Georgia Community Foundation scholarships for local students.
Pre-sale wrist bands now available
Purchase your wristbands online at gainesville.org. One wristband for $6 or buy five for $25.
- Prepaid wristband(s) will be available for pick-up the day of the event at the Will Call tent
- Pickup your wristband(s) prior to the event at the Finance Department located in the Gainesville Administration Building, 300 Henry Ward Way, Room 201
- Pre-sale cluck wristbands will end at 1pm on Friday, October 21, 2022
- Cluck wristbands will be available for purchase at the event
- Large parking lot for vehicles and overflow parking across Clarks Bridge accessible via under-road tunnel
- Courtesy docks
Don’t be chicken — join us lakeside October 22 and treat your taste buds.