Learn to Row
Looking for a fun, whole-body exercise you can do while enjoying nature? Learn to Row (LTR) classes are geared toward those with either no rowing experience or those who need a refresher course. It doesn’t matter how young or old you are; all you need is a desire to learn and have fun. Learn to row classes consists of 9-12 sessions, with classes running throughout the summer months.
You will learn:
- Terminology and commands
- Sweep rowing (1 oar) and Sculling (2 oars)
- Rowing in single shells and team boats (2, 4, and 8 rowers)
Our Learn-to-Row program is open to all ages 14 and up. Because rowing is a water sport, students must be able to demonstrate the ability to swim and to tread water/stay afloat for 10 minutes. A good level of fitness is helpful.
All classes meet at the Lake Lanier Rowing Club at the Lake Lanier Olympic Park venue in Gainesville, GA and are taught by experienced coaches from Lake Lanier Rowing Club. For more information and to register for a class, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that rowing is a great calorie burner? Research has shown that rowing burns calories faster than biking at the same perceived level of exertion. In other words, it feels easier to burn more calories while rowing than while biking. Rowing is a smooth, rhythmic motion that is impact-free. Rowing exercises all major muscle groups and provides aerobic conditioning, as well as strength conditioning. Best of all, rowing is fitness for life!
The following sessions will be offered throughout the summer:
- May 2nd – 30th
- June 13th – July 11th
- July 18th – August 5th
ALL SESSIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED AS SCHEDULED, RAIN OR SHINE.
- Classes will be filled on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Registration and Release of Liability forms required for each participant (go to attached link).
- Forms and enrollment fee must be received by the LLRC Office to save your spot in class.
- Class size will be limited to 16 participants.
- You can register for one of the Learn to Row classes here.
We are excited that you are interested in rowing. Please feel free to contact us with questions about the classes at email@example.com.