Join us November 18th, 2023 at Jingle Mingle when we LIGHT IT UP, (the 25 foot metal chicken sculpture on top of Main Street Market) on the Downtown Gainesville Square!
The Downtown Square will be alive with the holiday spirit including open houses in downtown businesses, live music, carriage rides, kiddie train rides, Santa and his arrival on a Gainesville Fire Engine, the Coca-Cola bear, S’more Station, entertainment and the grand LIGHTING OF THE CHICKEN!
(Nov. 18th) 4pm – 6:30pm:
- Kiddy Train Rides!
- Carriage Rides!
- Coca Cola Bear!
- Open Houses in Historic Buildings, with sales, live music, and refreshments!
- Roosevelt Square: Visitor’s Center open house, S’more Stations, local music stage!
5pm: Santa Arrives on a Fire Truck. (Santa gets on truck on Maple/Spring St, rides up spring street, turns left on Bradford Street, left on Washington, exits, and the fire truck goes down Washington St to exit the event.)
5-8pm: Photos with Santa on the Square
6:45pm: Lighting of the Chicken Ceremony Begins!
7pm: The Chicken is Lit! (Snow machines start)
7- 8pm: Open Houses continue with photo opportunities downtown.
All Parking Decks are FREE in Gainesville!
- Main Street Parking Deck, 301 Main St.
- Hall County Parking Facility, 225 Green St.
- North Parking Deck, 130 Main St.
- Historic City Hall, 117 Jesse Jewell Pkwy.
This event is presented by Main Street Gainesville, a program focusing on economic vitality through Historic Preservation in our downtown commercial districts.