Cycling and Mountain Biking Facilities
Chicopee Woods Conservation Area
- Chicopee Woods Hiking Trails
- .5 paved mile to 4.5 hiking trails
- 8 miles of hiking options including lakefront nature observation areas
- Operated by the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission, visit Chicopee Woods Hiking Trails webpage to learn more and download trail maps.
- Chicopee Woods MTB Trails
- 21.3 miles of cross country bike trails
- Operated by Northeast Georgia Sorba, visit negasorba.org for trail status and information.
- Nature Science Center
- Meeting facilities
- Outdoor pavilions/restrooms
- Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake
Gainesville, GA 30504
Cool Springs Park and Fox Raceface XC Trail
Cool Springs Park is an approximate 75-acre park located in the Chestatee District of Hall County. This park includes three lighted baseball/softball fields, a concession/restroom building, and playground area.
Cool Springs Park is home to one of Hall County’s newest mountain biking trails. Fox Raceface XC trails at Cool Springs is a 3.6 mile mountain trail that is great for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, running and mountain biking. The trail passes through new-growth pine trees, pasture, and middle-aged deciduous trees.
Gainesville, GA 30506
Highlands to Islands Trail
About the Highlands to Islands Trail System
Highlands To Islands is a multi-use trail system connecting the many great cities together within Hall County with a paved path winding past businesses, scenic areas, college campuses, and retail shops. The Highlands To Islands trail will eventually unite any existing greenways together under one-name/one trail for the maximum benefit to the community and its citizens.
Location of Highlands to Islands
You’ve probably already been on it! Have you attended a holiday event in Gainesville on the Midtown Greenway? That will be part of the Highlands To Islands trail. Have you seen the large multi-use path along the side of Friendship Road? or the concrete path weaving through the oak trees past the Chicopee Village and Golf Course? That will be part of the Highlands To Islands trail, too! If you’ve picnicked or taken your kids to the playground at Wilshire Park then you’ve already been on the Highlands To Islands trail!
North Hall Community Center and Park
- 123 Acres
- Four Little League baseball/softball fields
- Running Track
- ~2.5 miles of multipurpose trails – hiking and biking
- Multipurpose field
- Community Center
- Two basketball courts
- Indoor walking track
- Meeting rooms
Leashed pets are allowed within the park. No pets are allowed on the ballfields or inside the buildings, excluding service animals.
Gainesville, GA 30506
University of North Georgia – Hugh Mills P.E. Complex
The University of North Georgia Recreational Sports Department on the Gainesville campus is located in the Hugh Mills Physical Education Complex. Recreational sports on the Gainesville campus offer a variety of intramural sports, aquatics and fitness programs to help you “Get your move on!”
- Cross Country course
- Gymnasium with two full basketball courts
- Indoor pool – junior olympic
- Tumbling Creek Trails mountain bike course and walking trails
- Outdoor athletic fields and track
- Tennis courts
Oakwood, GA 30566