Join us in Historic Gainesville in 2024 for our annual Art Walk!
Experience the vast creative culture in Gainesville while you discover local galleries, local artists, and pop-up art shows in various downtown business storefronts. This FREE event offers you the opportunity to buy original art, dine in outstanding restaurants, and shop in unique boutiques!
Thursday evening will be the main event, featuring open house-style meet and greets with featured artists, refreshments, live music, and specials at various businesses in the historic districts of Gainesville. The Gainesville Trolley will make it easy for you to walk the four main areas of the historic district, making stops in Midland, Downtown, Green Street, and Brenau Districts.
A Spring and Fall Art Walk are tentatively planned for 2024; stay tuned for exact dates.
All Parking Decks are FREE in Gainesville!
- Main Street Parking Deck, 301 Main St.
- Hall County Parking Facility, 225 Green St.
- North Parking Deck, 130 Main St.
This event is presented by Main Street Gainesville, a program focusing on economic vitality through Historic Preservation in our downtown commercial districts.
How to Make the Most of your Art Walk Experience:
- There’s no perfect place to start. We recommend picking a parking deck and find the closest Trolley Spot. (starred, below)
- A great place to start: Park in the Main Street Parking Deck at 301 Main Street SW, and visit the “Downtown Gainesville” Booth on the Square to get started. Pick up an “Art Walk Guide” here and begin your tour around the Square, or hop on the Trolley to the next section of town.
- Follow the numbers in a circular pattern for the quickest journey to all the stops. (Once you get to #18, circle back to #1.)
- Each Trolley Spot will have a Yard Sign, and Each Art Stop will have a bundle of balloons and window decal to help you locate where to go!
- Pick up an “Art Walk Guide” handout at any of the stops, with a handy ‘check off as you go’ section to make sure you hit up all the spots!
- Check out nearby retail and restaurants as you walk around downtown and see what’s new!
- If you want, you can mix up Riding the Trolley and walking between areas of town- totally up to you! It’s a great way to explore some of the best spots in Gainesville.
2023 Art Walk Google Map
Click locations on the 2023 Art Walk Google Map for examples of artists, galleries, hours, and featured experiences through the weekend!
Interested in becoming a sponsor for the Art Walk?
Want to be a Featured Artist or host an Artist in your business?
*Applications for the 2024 Art Walk coming soon.*