Miller Banks House
The Miller Banks House was built in 1912 by Levi Prater for the Miller family.
It is a monumental, Neo-classical structure with a four column, two story ionic portico stretching over a full one story porch. It was sold to Rafe Banks in the 1920s and his decedents own the house today. The home has a large central hall access, elevator, and dramatic double staircase. A 1970s survey of the property notes that a barn was converted in to a one story dwelling on the northeast corner of the property that is no longer present.
(Modern photographs of Green Street homes taken in 2022 by the Gainesville Convention and Visitors Bureau Intern Emma King. Historic photographs and information gathered from our friends at The Gainesville Times, The Norton Agency, the Historical Society of Hall County, the National Register of Historic Places, and the Digital Library of Georgia.)