Burns Moss Palmour House
In 1924, Mr. Hubert Burns hired John Cherry from Atlanta, GA to design the home and Mr. Ervin Ledford to build the home. The Burns Moss Palmour House is considered to be a Colonial Revival and a Georgian type.
It is a simple two story structure with a central hallway. The entryway consists of a paneled door with leaded glass sidelights and a flat arch transom. According to the Historic Preservation Division, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Resource ID 205784, the oak floors came from Alabama.
Thomas Moss purchased the home in 1955 and in 1970 local architects Garland Reynolds and Jack Bailey bought and remodeled the house. From then on it served as the law firm of Palmour and Palmour.
(Modern photographs of Green Street homes taken in 2022 by the Gainesville Convention and Visitors Bureau Intern Emma King. Historic photographs and information gathered from our friends at The Gainesville Times, The Norton Agency, the Historical Society of Hall County, the National Register of Historic Places, and the Digital Library of Georgia.)