Built around 1920, this was the home of Charles P. Wallace. Wallace and his second wife lived in the home and raised their three daughters. Mrs. Wallace was the sister of Mr. E.R. Barrett. Mr. Wallace married a third time to Mrs. Martin, and after her death, the home became the property of their two daughters, Mrs. Lucile Nuckolls and Mrs. Evelyn Hughes. In the mid-1970s, the home functioned as three separate apartments. It has since been converted into law offices.
(Modern photographs of Green Street homes taken in 2022 by City of Gainesville Convention and Visitors Bureau Intern Emma King. Historic photographs and information gathered from our friends at The Gainesville Times, The Norton Agency, the Historical Society of Hall County, the National Register of Historic Places, and the Digital Library of Georgia.)