Lathem Barrett Moore House
This home was built sometime between 1880 and 1890. The original construction had five rooms and twelve foot ceilings. The home was owned by Mr. George Lathem from 1907 through 1917, and was sold to Mr. and Mrs. Carl Barrett, who owned it for nearly 20 years. Afterward, Mr. John Moore owned and rented it to Mr. C.J. Cheves, the Gainesville School Superintendent, until 1943. Mr. Robert Lee Moore purchased the home in 1943. Moore did a massive remodel and restoration on the home three years later and sold it W.F. Hennens in 1960.
(Modern photographs of Green Street homes taken in 2022 by City of Gainesville Convention and Visitors Bureau Intern Emma King. Historic photographs and information gathered from our friends at The Gainesville Times, The Norton Agency, the Historical Society of Hall County, the National Register of Historic Places, and the Digital Library of Georgia.)